Hyde Park Preservation
Hyde Park Preservation, Inc. (HPPI) is dedicated to the historic
preservation, rehabilitation and development of Old Hyde Park. HPPI is
a neighborhood association officially recognized by the City of Tampa for
- We help to ensure that everyone lives up to the zoning ordinances that protect our community.
We fight to ensure adequate allocation of resources from the City of Tampa and other authorities.
- We promote neighborhood safety and awareness, through our Neighborhood Watch program; through
oversight of our separately funded Hyde Park Evening Local Patrol (H.E.L.P.)
program; and in connection with special holidays and events such as Halloween and Gasparilla.
- We fund the installation, maintenance and repair of our historic street signs.
- We promote knowledge and awareness of our neighborhood's history through a variety of special projects.
- We also organize the Annual Block Party and the family-oriented Holiday Porch Party.
We are an all-volunteer organization, staffed entirely by neighbors. We
take our responsibilities seriously, and we do our best to incorporate all
points of view from our diverse community.
We have numerous opportunities for volunteers; we are constantly recruiting
new officers and new Board members; and we are dependent for our success
upon the many talents, time, skills, energy and contributions of our
neighbors in Old Hyde Park.
Participating in HHPI is a wonderful way to meet new people and make lasting
friendships. As a community, our neighborhood has benefitted from the
outstanding contributions of many hard-working HPPI members who have given
selflessly of their ingenuity and efforts since our founding in 1974.
We are honored to serve in their legacy following this distinguished
The current president of HPPI is Elizabeth Christenberry who can be reached at