Dear Friends and Neighbors,
It is that time of year again! We hope that you will join your neighbors in becoming a member of your neighborhood association, Hyde Park Preservation Inc.
As a member of HPPI you are supporting many worthy projects in our neighborhood and surrounding area. With your membership dues and our very popular Old Hyde Park Home Tour we are able to fund the following local programs and projects:
- On-going Tree Replacement Program- working with the city to plant/upgrade trees throughout the neighborhood, many trees were removed due to aging and disease
- Repair and replacement of missing and damaged historic signage and lampposts
- Annual alley cleanup- waste and paint removal, including document shredding
- Beautification in Hyde Park: Planting and on-going maintenance of Kate Jackson urns and Swann Avenue underpass
- Hosting social events
- Delivering neighborhood news electronically and publication of the Gazette newsletter
- Neighborhood directory and Old Hyde Park website
- Neighborhood support- working closely with the city on projects
- New neighbor welcome bags
- Maintaining HELP (Hyde Park Evening Patrol) program to ensure safety by providing patrol and policing during other events that impact our neighborhood such as Gasparilla events and Halloween.
Other important projects are in the beginning phase which you will be kept informed of.
Please return this form to 719 S. Boulevard or pay with your credit card online at www.oldhydeparkfl.org. Please contact me with any questions, concerns or if you would like to become more involved with HPPI..
Thank you and I look forward to meeting you soon.
Kippy Nelson, HPPI president